8.9.15

Food: Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins

Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins

I really like baking, so when I found a recipe online for a cinnamon swirl banana bread, I decided to try it in muffin form and with a few changes. I present to you my version:

For the muffins:

  • 2 ripe bananas, smashed up
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 tps vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • dash of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of self raising whole flour

For the swirl:

  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 1 tbs cinnamon 
Directions: 
1. Preheat the oven 180/Gas mark 4. 
2. Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg & vanilla. Sprinkle baking soda & salt on top of mixture. Stir in flour gently.
3. Mix in a small dish the sugar & cinnamon.
4. Pour a tablespoon of batter in each muffin case, sprinkle with the sugar & cinnamon mix. Add the remaining batter and sprinkle leftover cinnamon mix. I also sprinkled a bit of Bioglan Cacao and Flax powder* on top.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and if they're not done, turn up to Gas mark 6 for 3 more minutes. 

Will you be trying them?

xo

PS. Check out the Great Denby Cake Off competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)