1.9.15

Is This The Secret To Longer Hair?

boots vitamins

Now that I've been taking them for about 6 months I think I can speak about the effects these Skin, Hair & Nails vitamins from Boots have done for me. 

The Boots Skin, Hair & Nails multivitamin and mineral food supplement is formulated to maintain healthy skin, hair and nails: vitamin B2 helps to keep skin complexion, biotin helps to nourish and maintain shiny hair, copper helps maintain a natural hair colour, and copper and selenium both help to nourish and maintain healthy nails.

I really enjoy dairy products and I have them almost daily (excluding milk which I stopped drinking in order to prevent spots), which is why, I imagine, my nails grow quite fast and need trimming every couple of weeks, especially since I don't like the feeling of longer nails, so in the nail department I didn't see that much of a difference, perhaps it did make them grow even faster but can't be sure.

Having struggled with oily skin and breakouts for over a decade I have tried many things to get rid of them. I got these vitamins as they contain vitamin B6 and evening primrose oil which are supposed to aid in regulating hormones. I don't think I have gotten as many (or as big) breakouts on my skin as I sometimes would, but that could also be due to the fact I've stopped drinking milk. I would say that my skin has improved slightly since taking these vitamins.

I've always liked my hair long, though the main reason I started taking these vitamins was to improve my skin, so wasn't expecting to see any drastic changes regarding my hair. I began taking the Boots Skin, Hair & Nails vitamins around January this year and during the February half term I had my hair cut, taking off about 10 or more cm. Hair supposedly grows at an average rate of 1 cm every couple of months though it hasn't been 7 months and the full length that I had cut off has come back, though the ends can get a bit wispy, so I would advise a tiny trim every few months. 

If you are trying to grow your hair I would definitely recommend Boots Skin, Hair & Nails vitamins, currently on offer in Boots.

Have you tried skin, hair and nail supplements? 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)