22.4.15

Clearly Youthful Serum + Moisturiser

Clearly Youthful Serum + Moisturiser

Having oily skin can be a bit of a nightmare, especially if it means more spots and a shiny face (not nice). 

When I heard about Superdrug's Clearly Youthful range, I was quite interested as not being a teenager anymore means my skin's needs have changed, even though it's still oily and prone to spots. 

Seeing the range on offer, I decided to take advantage of it and picked up the SPF 15 Skin Balancing Moisturiser and the Hydrating Day Serum. 

The moisturiser claims to be lightweight, nourishing and hydrating. It contains salicylic acid, anti-shine cimicifuga and an anti-aging complex consisting of polyglycan and phytoprotein, soothing allantoin and moisturising sugar beet extract. Also mentions to provide a younger looking complexion, refine pores, control excess sebum and protect against further breakouts. 

The serum is an anti blemish and youth boosting solution containing the maximum permitted amount of salicylic acid, cimicifuga, lactic acid, phytoprotein, polyglycan and hyaluronic acid. It features a pump to dispense the product more easily and claims to do the same as the cream.

One of the main reasons I got these products was that they mention to be mattifying, which is something I definitely need. I started using the serum first and have noticed that it is indeed mattifying albeit not the most moisturising product out there. Recently started using the serum and the moisturiser combined and let me tell you that I was amazed by how less oily my skin looked after a good 8 hours.

Definitely give these two products a try if you suffer from extremely oily skin and don't want to spend a fortune on products to treat it, but do keep in mind that it's practically impossible to apply any foundation or concealer on top of the moisturiser as rubbing it in too much makes it peel off. 

Find the Clearly Youthful Cream, Serum and rest of the range in Superdrug (currently buy 1 get 1 free).

xo

PS. Enter to win a copy of Black Ice here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)