2.3.23

NYX This is Milky Gloss

NYX This is Milky Gloss

A while back I was kindly sent a set of the new NYX This Is Milky Lip Glosses to test and review:

Milk n Hunny smells amazing and buttery, like butter sweets or candies. The beautiful scent lingers for a while after applying instead of disappearing instantly. I found this product softening and moisturising and when applied lightly it looks a subtle and natural shade, very glossy, one layer was virtually non-sticky. Notable ingredients include oils of Sunflower, Jojoba and Almond; Glycerin and Vitamin E. I applied it before lunch and my lips felt soft and moisturised even after eating. 

Salted Caramel Shake smells quite similar to Milk n Hunny, but has a bit more pigment (somehow it also smelt less delicious to me). The colour sits somewhere in between the Milk n Hunny and Choco Latte Shake shades. Personally don't feel like this shade suited me very well as it washes me out but if you like a nude coloured lip then you might like this one. Also includes nourishing Sunflower, Jojoba and Almond oils; Glycerin and Vitamin E. It leaves lips feeling soft, shiny and moisturised. 

Choco Latte Shake also has a delicious buttery scent with a hint of chocolate, which I really like. The chocolate fragrance is not very strong or long lasting, with the buttery note being more persistent. It is more pigmented than the Salted Caramel Shake shade, which adds some colour to my lips. Having a "dark autumn" colour palette, I find that this shade did compliment my skin and lip tone, so it would be suitable as a nude shade if you have the same colour palette as me. Out of the 3 nude shades I tested this one would be my favourite as it did not wash me out, added a bit of a tint and evened out the colour of my lips. Like the other shades, it contains nourishing Sunflower, Jojoba and Almond oils; Glycerin and Vitamin E. It offers the same result and leaves lips soft, shiny and moisturised. 

Mango Lassi features a sweet, fruity scent, reminiscent of mango-flavoured sweets rather than a fresh fruit fragrance. It offers a warm orange tint on the lips with a shiny finish. On its own I don't believe it is a colour that suits me very well however, it layers well over other products to add more dimension, moisture and shine. I would say this shade is an ideal SS shade for anyone with a warm complexion. Like the rest of the Lip Glosses, it brings moisture to the lips thanks to Sunflower, Jojoba and Almond oils; as well as Glycerin and Vitamin E.

The This Is Milky Gloss range features clear frosted plastic packaging which makes it look like a more expensive glass tube, and also like that the lid matches the shade inside. The applicator is a flat, velvety doe foot that picks up product easily and is gentle on the lips. 

Something I find a bit confusing is the fact that the front states the product is X flavour but the back mentions "Important: do not ingest", so I assume it is meant more as a fragrance than flavour, like the French wording suggests. 

I appreciate that the products come sealed with a small sticker seal to ensure the product is new and unused. The seal can be easily broken before first use, as it is perforated along the gap between the tube and lid, and the range has a PAO of 18 months.

Find the NYX This is Milky Lip Glosses at Superdrug and Asos.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)