25.6.19

Sample Sessions 02

this works In transit camera close-up and REN evercalm global protection day cream

Welcome to another instalment of Sample Sessions! These samples are quite generous and I've been using for some time so it's not so much a first impression as with the products in my last sample post.

This Works In Transit Camera Close-Up is a primer, moisturiser and mask in one meant to plump, even and brighten the skin instantly. It is a rich, creamy product that glides onto the skin without a greasy or sticky residue. It has a faint fruity or plant scent that doesn't linger. Moisturises very well and also makes skin appear smoother. I really like this product and can definitely feel a difference in the softness at the end of the day when I wash my face. 

It features shea butter, argan oil, borage seed oil, caffeine, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid and bitter orange oil. The ingredients have changed a bit since I've had it and now include rose oil and retinol; and seems to include more hyaluronic acid and aloe vera as they appear higher on the ingredient list, which makes it even better in my opinion so I'd love to try the new version too and see how it compares.

REN Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream is a moisturising cream meant for sensitive skin. Something a bit disappointing is that it has no SPF in the formula so I do have to layer another product on top but I like to use it before my SPF if my skin is feeling a bit tight or dry. 

It seems to calm skin and reduce redness, which is great and I also like that some of the first ingredients are camelia seed oil and sesame seed oil, both of which are good for oily and spot prone skin so I don't have to worry about it blocking pores or causing spots. Other great ingredients in this formula include shea butter, sunflower seed oil, cranberry and blackcurrant seed oils, seabuckthorn oil and calendula extract. The scent to me isn't great and reminds me of ham (?) but it doesn't bother me too much to stop using it. 

Have you tried either of these products?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)