28.2.17

Minimal Hair Care Routine

garnier ultimate blends

I've never been one to use that many products on my hair, be it for cleansing or styling, which I've only come to realise very recently. I wash my hair 3 times a week and for cleansing I only use one product as I concentrate more on conditioning and nourishing my hair to keep it soft and shiny. I do look after my hair as I find it is a way to express my femininity so I make sure I care for it properly.

The basics:


For cleansing I've been using The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo, it doesn't have sulphates, silicones, parabens or colourants, which is great but I don't think it cleanses the scalp that well so unsure about getting it again. Full review.

For conditioning I'm using the Garnier Ultimate Blends Blonde Illuminator Conditioner, it's meant to lighten hair naturally thanks to camomile in the formula. It's not very nourishing so probably won't be getting it again. Full review.

Once a week after washing my hair I use a hair mask, and currently I'm using the Tresemme Oleo Radiance Mask which is very thick and creamy. I apply this mask and leave it on for a couple of minutes while I wash my body and upon rinsing it leaves my hair feeling smooth and soft.

After washing I always use a leave-in conditioner, though lately I've been more inclined towards hair oils (and body and face oils but that's another story). While my hair is still wet I use 3 or 4 pumps of the Garnier Ultimate Blends Blonde Illuminator Oil and distribute it with my fingers through my hair, avoiding the roots. I've been using it for around a year now and still got a lot of product left. It definitely lightened my hair which makes it great for summer. Full review.

Hair styling John Frieda Batiste Got2B

The extras:

We all need a little extra help with our hair every once in a while, which is why I have the great amount of 3 more products to fall back on when my hair is not cooperating with me.

If I must dry my hair, I make sure I apply a heat protecting product before blow drying it as not to damage it. This is my 2nd bottle of John Frieda Full Repair Styling Spray (which I got from the pound shop so I'm afraid it's been discontinued) so that tells you that I actually like this spray. It provides heat protection and a light hold without weighing hair down. Full review.

For styling, which is something I rarely do, I have a salt spray in case I want to give my hair some texture or any style some hold. I got the got2b Beach Matt Texturising Salt Spray, which does provide some texture when you scrunch your hair after you apply it, but be careful not to use too much as it can make your hair sticky. Don't love the glue-like smell and stickiness so would like to try a different one in the future.

In case of an oily scalp emergency, a dry shampoo is a very helpful tool. I've been using this Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo and I've actually had it for years as I use it very rarely, once a week at most. To use it I shake the can, separate hair an inch away from the parting and spray, then massage it in and it helps disguise oily roots and gives hair a bit of volume too.

What are your hair care essentials?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)