16.10.23

AKT Deodorant Balm in Columbia Road

AKT Deodorant Balm in Columbia Road

AKT Deodorant Balm in Columbia Road

After using a certain 48hr anti perspirant recently, I started to feel like it was leaving a residue on my skin, I suspended it for a day, tried a different one and started to get irritation, as well as stinging and itching whenever I would perspire (or try to perspire through blocked pores).

A few days later I was kindly gifted the AKT Deodorant Balm in SC.05 EXT. Columbia Road.

My first impressions of the AKT Deodorant Balm were nothing but positive:

  • Love the minimalist, plastic free and fully recyclable packaging
  • It has a beautiful, long lasting scent of Violet
  • Keeps my underarms dry the whole day

The balm can feel a bit gritty when applying but that would be the moisture-absorbing Diatomaceous Earth and Arrowroot, plus the odour eliminating Sodium Bicarbonate and Zinc Oxide.

Immediately after application it feels like I have nothing on: my skin feels lightweight and dry (unlike with roll-ons that even after they dry I can feel the product sitting on my skin).

It washes off completely in the shower and doesn't feel like I have a permanent residue, like with pretty much every other deodorant I've used.

The only thing is that if you don't have the applicator you will need to use your fingers and then go and wash your hands but it is a small price to pay in return of dry underarms that smell lovely all day. Also the tiny lid can be a bit fiddly to replace however, I know they are looking into updating this soon!

In the future I would love to see a Rose, Vanilla and/or Almond based scent (bonus if it comes in a pink tube!) as well as an alternative to hair-growth promoting Castor Oil in the ingredients. 


Clean up your AKT with 25% off your first purchase with code AKTNAVILLE.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)