11.5.23

Peter Doherty at the Royal Albert Hall

Peter Doherty at the Royal Albert Hall



Peter Doherty at the Royal Albert Hall

  


Peter Doherty at the Royal Albert HallPeter Doherty at the Royal Albert Hall



On Friday we went to see Peter Doherty in concert at the Royal Albert Hall. It was my first concert since Bauhaus 2 years ago!

Before the concert started Dot showed me he had posted on Instagram so I went on there to comment, saying I'm ready, come out for pictures!

Minutes later he actually did come out and was standing on the right side of the stage, behind a wall and as people noticed him, they started to queue up for pictures and autographs. 

He then disappeared and I commented on his picture again saying 'Come back out, I haven't had my picture yet'. Who knows if he read my comments but after a while he came back.

I was unable to reach him as that area was on a different level and I was in front of the stage. Dot suggested I call him so I did and shouted "Pete!", he then turned to look at me and I asked "Can I have a picture?". He said something that I couldn't hear but was positive that he might come over as he had acknowledged me (Dot later told me Peter actually said "Of course you can").

As I wasn't sure what he had said, I also asked "Please!?" and after talking to one or 2 more people he started walking over to the stage.

I turned around to call Dot over so he'd also take some pictures as I saw Pete getting closer.

As I was right under the stage in front of the security man Pete said "How are we going to do this?" then asked the security man "Is it ok if she comes on stage?". I don't remember the man saying anything but he moved over and I put my foot on the chair in front and reached out so Pete would helped me climb up and he did!

He then put his arm around me and with his hand on my shoulder turned me around, I'm not sure why but Dot said that it was maybe so that we would have the theatre as background. 

I then proceeded to take a selfie with him under the blue stage lights. Then quickly took another one just in case. 

He was very patient as I took my pictures but I didn't want to take much of his time so right afterwards just said "Thank you" (twice ha!).

It happened so fast but I'm 99% sure he also said "Be careful" as I climbed down. He was very kind and his energy was so peaceful and calm.

As I walked back to my seat I realised there was now a queue of people hoping for a picture with Pete and when I looked up he had already gone back to the right side of the stage so I was the only one to get a selfie with Peter Doherty on the stage of the Royal Albert Hall before his concert. 

The concert was great and featured his dogs (though they eventually had to go as they told him they weren't allowed on stage) and his pregnant wife.

Sadly, the concert got cut short because of a stage invasion just when the faster songs were about to begin, which was disappointing as there was probably another half hour left for the show.

Got the best souvenir though, a picture with Peter Doherty, which he even saw when I tagged him on Instagram.

Setlist:

  1. The Ballad Of
  2. She is Far
  3. Tell the King (The Libertines song)
  4. Music When the Lights Go Out(The Libertines song)
  5. The Man Who Would Be King (The Libertines song)
  6. Albion (Babyshambles song)
  7. Merry Old England
  8. Hooligans on E (The Libertines song)
  9. Can't Stand Me Now (The Libertines song)
  10. The Ballad of Grimaldi
  11. French Dog Blues (Babyshambles song)
  12. I Get Along (The Libertines song)
  13. Bollywood to Battersea (Babyshambles song)
  14. Never Never (The Libertines song)
  15. Time for Heroes (The Libertines song) (Incomplete due to stage invasion)


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)