9.5.23

L'Oréal Telescopic Lift Mascara & Plumping Lip Gloss

L'Oréal Telescopic Lift Mascara & Plumping Lip Gloss

Recently I received these items from Superdrug to test and review. 

The L'Oréal Telescopic Lift Mascara comes in a lightweight black plastic tube with a shape reminiscent of a telescope. It features silver accents for the product name and a band that separates the lid from the base, as well as the L'Oréal logo embossed on the front and top of the tube. 

There aren't many outstanding ingredients in the formulation besides 2-oleamido-1,3-octadecanediol, which is a proprietary ceramide by the brand. 

The L'Oréal Telescopic Lift Mascara is very pigmented and truly black, with a rubber bristle brush that coats lashes easily. What I didn't love about the brush is that the top of it is completely flat and makes it hard to gauge how close the bristles are from your eye and lashes when applying so I had to be very careful to not poke myself in the eye. 

To prevent clumping I only apply one or two coats and it does deliver light volume and visibly lengthens my lashes, while also providing some hold after curling them. 

There was very minimal flaking, however I experienced some smudging under the eyes, even without applying to the inferior lashes. On a positive note, it wasn't very hard to remove with micellar water. 

The L'Oréal Telescopic Lift Mascara comes with 9.9ml of product and has a PAO of 6 months. 

L'Oréal Plumping Lip Gloss in I Soar

Comes in a stylised clear plastic tube that allows visibility of the colour of the product inside, and is topped with a beautiful rose gold cap, which features the L'Oréal logo embossed at the top. This lip gloss employs an 8-shaped doe foot applicator with a velvet-soft texture. 

The ingredients list is attached as a sticker that joins the lid and tube together so it needs to be removed to open it, and while I appreciate that it is sealed for protection I like to keep the ingredients list for future reference. The list was also in red ink which made it very hard to read. 

I was actually very excited to try this product after looking up the ingredients and seeing it contains Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, which can help increase collagen production. Other notable ingredients include Vitamin E, Lactic Acid and Sodium Hyaluronate; as well as Peppermint Essential Oil for the tingling and volumizing effect. 

A few seconds after applying my lips start to tingle, which then turns into an uncomfortable burning sensation that lasts for a long time. Strangely, it also made my lips feel very cold when going out. 

While I really like the delicate sweet scent, natural shade, glossy finish and softening qualities of this lip gloss, it was quite uncomfortable to wear so I'm sad to say I doubt it will be a product I will be getting much use out of.

My lips looked smooth, soft and moisturised however, any plumping effect was barely noticeable, so I'm not sure the discomfort is worth it. 

It has a PAO of 24 months, which is longer than other lip products, and a RRP of just under £10 so if you are interested in plumping lip-glosses it could be an option to try.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)