21.2.23

Banana Republic Dark Cherry & Amber EDP

Banana Republic Dark Cherry & Amber EDP

Superdrug kindly sent me the Banana Republic Dark Cherry & Amber EDP last week to test and review.

I love the elegant packaging comprised of a sliding compartment that pulls out with a ribbon loop to reveal the faceted red glass bottle nestled inside the padded drawer. The bottle features a simple textured-paper sticker on the front with the brand and fragrance names, and is topped with a weighted gunmetal cap.

The notes in the Banana Republic Dark Cherry & Amber EDP are as follows

Top: Black Cherry and Pink Freesia
Heart: Cherry Blossom and Praline
Base: Blonde Cedar, Red Amber

Upon first spray I notice the very volatile but deliciously juicy and ripe Black Cherry note without the Pink Freesia being very perceptible, and it quickly evolves to nutty Praline with a hint of Cherry Blossom.

I would have like the Black Cherry to have more staying power and not be a fickle top note that almost fades completely after a few seconds as it such a gorgeous smell.

Sadly, the Blonde Cedar doesn't come through when I wear it, and dries down to a warm, powdery note which is not a personal favourite but I don't dislike it either, as some faint sweetness from the cherry is still noticeable. 

It is a very long lasting perfume and only a couple of sprays are needed for it to stay on the skin for the whole day.

Banana Republic Dark Cherry & Amber EDP is also great value for money, I had seen it is £58 and initially thought it was a bit expensive as it is not a designer perfume but once it arrived I realised it is 75ml, so on offer it would be even better value!

The PAO is 24 m so even if worn infrequently, it gives plenty of time to use it up.

I would recommend this perfume if you like long-lasting sweet and fruity scents, and it would make a great evening or AW fragrance.

Find the Banana Republic Dark Cherry & Amber EDP at Superdrug.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)