29.6.21

The Ordinary Amino Acids + B5

The Ordinary Amino Acids + B5

You might remember from a few weeks back that I compromised my skin barrier by over exfoliating, and in my attempt to repair it, The Ordinary Amino Acids + B5 was one of the products I was looking to try.

The Ordinary Amino Acids + B5 is a "concentrated hydration support formula", and comes in a 30 ml UV protective packaging glass bottle with a dropper. 

The formula contains Panthenol (Vitamin B5) plus the following amino acids: Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Threonine, Valine, Proline, Isoleucine, Lysine HCL, Histidine and Phenylalanine, which in conjunction are meant to help soothe and repair the skin, aid wound healing, increase hydration levels and reduce inflammation.

The Ordinary Amino Acids + B5 is very watery and runny so you have to be careful when dispensing to avoid wasting the product. It does not have any discernible smell to it and the texture is very light, but with a hint of oil that is not at all greasy. It gets absorbed quite fast and can leave a bit of a glow to the skin.

The instructions do mention that it can cause tingling on the skin and if so you might want to mix a few drops into your moisturiser, which is what I have been doing as I think that applied directly onto the skin on its own it does cause some tinging and even redness (which is what I wanted to improve in the first place). 

A few moments after applying using my fingers I can also feel some tingling on them, which I assume is the product getting absorbed into the skin (a similar feeling can be expected when using transdermal magnesium products).

After using the skin is left with a faint but healthy glow and it feels much softer, however as I mentioned it can cause some tingling and even redness so I will reserve this product (mostly) to be mixed with my night cream when I want an extra moisture boost.

It is very affordable so I will continue to use and if ceases to cause any tingling and redness then will probably repurchase, if not, I am ready to explore other serums which also contain amino acids and other actives in one formula. 

Find The Ordinary Amino Acids + B5 at Deciem and Look Fantastic.

Have you tried this product?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)