16.2.21

Sample Sessions 04

Lancome Genefique, Rituals Hammam Black Soap

Welcome to another Sample Sessions post. I haven't been buying as many products recently but sure have been receiving many samples, which I mean to try and write about soon.

Lancome Advanced Genefique Youth Activating Serum: a super lightweight serum that claims to minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as it refreshes, replenishes and revitalises. I did notice that it made my pores look smaller and redness was reduced, however it does have (and smell strongly of) alcohol, which isn't an ideal ingredient to have on a "youth activating serum". At first I wasn't even sure of what it was supposed to do and thought it was just an overpriced serum, now I know what it does but I still think it is overpriced so while I have received a couple more luxury samples of this product, probably won't be buying it, or just stick to the 20 ml (their smallest version available) which is £31 and works out cheaper than the 30 or even 50ml sizes. 

Rituals Ultra Hydrating Black Soap: a body wash with a gel-like consistency, it's not runny so it's easy to apply. I used a body puff so it helped it lather a bit but it doesn't foam up that much. The black colour is quite intriguing but a bit off-putting to me, as it doesn't mention what gives this soap it's hue. It has a fresh eucalyptus scent that's invigorating and leaves skin feeling soft thanks to the glycerine, castor and olive oils.  

Elemis Superfood Night Cream: an omega-rich night time moisturiser that "nourishes the skin with intense nutrition whilst you sleep so you wake up to a healthy glow." Sometimes a sample of this size will last me more than one use, which was the case with this one but it was for the wrong reason: I could not stand the smell of it so wouldn't dream of actually purchasing this cream, which is disappointing as I've used some Elemis products before and quite liked them.

Have you tried any of these products?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)