7.11.17

The Body Shop Vitamin C Peel & Drops of Youth Emulsion

The Body Shop Vitamin C & Drops of Youth Skincare

In September Dot gifted me a couple of skincare items from The Body Shop: the Vitamin C Glow Revealing Liquid Peel and the Drops of Youth Fresh Emulsion.

The Vitamin C Glow Revealing Liquid Peel targets pollutants sitting on the skin at the end of the day and has a gel to peel texture that gets rid of dull skin and leaves skin glowing.  As I was struggling a bit with hormonal acne, I didn't want to irritate my skin by adding more steps to my skincare routine so it took a few weeks to start using this product but when I started using it I loved it! It is super easy to use, you only need 2 pumps, which I dispense onto my hand then spread all over my face. 

After that I start massaging it in until it forms little clumps (it says to rub for 20 seconds but it might need a bit more time for the clumps to start forming), then I rinse it off and it leaves my skin feeling super smooth and looking more even - the only thing I don't love about it is that it can feel a tiny bit sticky after rinsing but it's fine as I only use it at night time. It recommends using it 2 to 3 times a week but I've been using it just once for now as I don't want to upset my skin and I find that is enough for me, at least for now. 

The Drops of Youth Fresh Emulsion is a day lotion with a very lightweight gel texture and SPF 20, which protects against pollution and hydrates the skin thanks to the use of babassu oil, thyme and buddleia extracts. It also claims to reduce first lines and signs of tired skin as well as refine the look of pores and texture of the skin.  

This product is also very easy to use, as it comes with a dispenser pump, and you only need 2 pumps, otherwise it just feels like too much product on your face. It is very fast absorbed and doesn't feel greasy, however it does leave skin looking a little bit on the glowier side, which I am not the biggest fan of but that can be easily rfixed with some face powder. Also the smell is something that I don't find very pleasant, I can't even describe what it is, luckily it doesn't linger. 

Overall, I really like both products, enjoy using them and would consider purchasing them in the future. 

Have you tried The Body Shop facial skincare? 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)