9.2.16

Feeling Better

light and shadow
The last couple of days have been not too good health-wise. On Friday I started getting a mild sore throat, which I thought was one of those that goes away as the day goes on, but it only started getting worse. I tried a throat spray that normally sorts any soreness out, but it wasn't really working.

On Saturday I woke up and it had progressed into a very sore throat, I kept using the spray and taking ibuprofen through the day but it just wasn't helping that much. That night I woke up twice, at 3 am and 6 am, as it was really painful to swallow, and the fact that my mouth seemed to be salivating more than usual was definitely not helping. Spraying it only made it feel like burning and I actually cried as it was going from bad to worse and couldn't bear the thought of having to wait until Monday to see if I could get an appointment at the doctor's.

So on Sunday morning I woke up at 6 and after breakfast we called the 111 number for medical non-emergencies and managed to get an appointment at the hospital. By then my throat was so red and sore, it felt like it had been rubbed with sandpaper, my tonsils were swollen and the uvula looked as it was about to burst with some liquid. It was scary and disgusting to look at.

My appointment was at 10:50 am but had to wait about an extra 30 minutes. When I finally got to see the doctor, he said I had tonsillitis and a high temperature so am now on antibiotics. We went straight to the chemist to get them so I could start taking them and will end up taking 80 pills through the course of 10 days ha! I think it's the most I've ever had to take in my entire life. Got back home just gone 12 pm and started taking my medicine.

By the end of Sunday my throat was already feeling better with half the pain I woke up to which was such a relief, but then I started getting nauseous and thought maybe it was something I ate. Got up on Monday, had breakfast and felt a bit nauseous again, and once more after lunch. Started to seriously worry as I didn't want the medicine to be giving me these symptoms, resulting in 10 days of nausea. Right before dinner was ready, I was sick, and after that I just felt much better as the nausea had gone, so it was probably something I ate. 

Today I woke up with a still tender stomach which sometimes ached like some sort of cramp but my throat has almost completely gone back to its original colour, the uvula's not longer swollen and the pain when swallowing has nearly  disappeared. My throat is feeling quite dry so that's triggering a tickly cough but I can deal with that. I've had to take 2 days off work because of this but I think I will be fine to go back tomorrow and then will have a week off because half term starts on Monday. That should give me some time to fully recover.

In other news I got a birthday gift for my husband, I ordered it yesterday and it was delivered the same day. Always get so excited when I buy him something that I end up spoiling the surprise because I can't wait to give him his gifts, be it birthday, valentine's, anniversary or Christmas haha.

Hope your weekend was better than mine!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment ♥
I love reading them all!
If you start following don't forget to leave
a link to your blog so I can follow back :)