Black Ice tells the story of Britt Pfeiffer, who is a girl that usually relies on the men in her life to come and rescue her whenever she is in trouble. On a holiday break, she convinces her best friend Korbie to come with her on a trekking trip in order to impress her ex-boyfriend.
As they are on their way to Korbie's family cabin in the mountains, a snow storm leaves them stranded and they have to look for somewhere to stay until the storm has passed. When they find a cabin with 2 young men inside, they think they're in luck but are they really? One of the guys wasn't keen on letting them in the cabin and later we find out that they are actually stranded as well and looking for a way out of the mountains, where they are hiding for some reason they won't tell. There have been a few murders in the area recently, could they be the killers?
The girls realise this is serious and in order to stay alive Britt must guide them off the snowy and cold mountains. As tension builds, Britt has to find a way to escape while she hopes her ex-boyfriend will come in her rescue when he finds out they didn't make it to Korbie's cabin.
A really entertaining and mysterious novel with many unexpected plot twists, Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick* makes a great holiday read. It's a book that I enjoyed reading but it did leave me with a couple of questions (spoilers in the next couple of lines) such as why Lauren and Jude had different last names, what happened to Bear, and why did Britt wait so long to contact Jude if she couldn't get over him?
Today you have the chance to win your own copy of Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick! (Though if you can't wait to read it you can buy Black Ice on Amazon).
To be elegible to win you must:
- Follow Inspirations Have I None on GFC.
- After following on GFC more entry options become available to increase your chances of winning.
Terms and conditions:
- Open to everyone that follows the requirements above.
- Competition is open to UK residents only.
- If you are under 16 ask your parents for permission before entering.
- Giveaway starts 08/04/2015 and ends 06/05/2015 at midnight GMT.
- Winner will be chosen via Rafflecopter.
- I'll contact the winner by the 10th May by email.
- Winner must reply within 24 hours or a new winner will be chosen.
- Financial compensation was not received for this post.
a Rafflecopter giveaway